Thursday, September 27, 2007

Final Episode of VH1's "The Pick Up Artist" with Mystery, Matador, and J-Dog

So, I finally managed to catch the final episode of the VH1's The Pick Up Artist, and I've got to say, it was just awesome!! Seriously, I was really impressed with the concept of the final challenge, and although some parts of it seemed to be exaggerated or a little faked, it still got me all pumped up, and in the end, isn't that the point?

The thing I like the best about it is the fact that the guys [Kosmo and Brady] only had a few hours to get all kinds of things taken care of with their students [Kip and Dylan], including avatar-building, routines, proper delivery, and body language, which are the most important things in my opinion. The reason I like this so much is that it shows that the bootcamps that these guys run are not only hardcore, but they get the fucking results! If these guys, Kosmo and Brady, are able to boost up Kip's and Dylan's skills with women as much as they did, in only a few hours, imagine what the professionals like Mystery and Matador can do working with you for an entire weekend! Mind-boggling, right?

Honestly, I was kind of rooting for Kosmo, as well as Big Joe, all the way through, so it was awesome that those 2 made it as far as they did, and even more so that Kosmo won the whole thing. The only thing that bothered me a bit about the way things "worked out" is that both of the finalists were good-looking guys, and I don't want that to reflect in viewers' minds as being a major [if any] factor as to their success; granted, I myself am an incredibly good-looking guy, but that doesn't mean that women are going to throw themselves at you! ..well, not all the time..haa

I've found that the two major effects that good looks have for a guy are to allow him to make more mistakes in his pick up [basically giving his game more lee-way to not be as tight as it should be] and to be able to very much shorten, if not completely by-pass, A2 [the female-to-male attraction phase] because the physical looks the guy possesses already work as a major DHV to the girl, and it's a constant DHV [since it's literally in front of her the whole time] - girls, like guys, will assume certain things about others based on their physical appearance..so in the case of a good-looking guy, she'll assume that he's socially-calibrated and has women in his life, to mention a couple of DHVs created by the physical looks alone. However, this does not mean that without them, a guy can't get the girl; rather, he just has to work a bit more, especially to properly convey these same DHV qualities to the target and/or group.

Back to the show: one thing that struck me as a little oddly coincidental - how did Brady have such a good idea as to really charging up Dylan's appearance, especially with some of the more drastic changes Brady had him under-go [such as trimming off his beard and shaving]?? I feel like he might've had some help in figuring that part out..

Another odd coincidence was the way in which Kip seemed to have such hardcore approach anxiety at first, then Kosmo gave him a few words of encouragement, and all of a sudden, Kip's unstoppable! ..strange, huh? The dude goes from practically having a panic attack to pulling girls back to the VIP couch? Hmm..

Well, I'm tired, and I still have some shit to take care of before crashing for the night, so I'll have to leave it at that for now..maybe more on the weekend..

~h

No comments: